Old palace with Italian style influence converted into a cultural space
"The old Palace of the Aguado-Pardo, best known as Casa Junco, was built in 1733 on Calle Mayor by assignment of the Archdeacon of Cerrato Ángel Agudo Pardo y Aguado del Molino Navarrete, surnames that stand out in the coats of arms that its façade displays. The building, the only example of Palencia's baroque architecture, represents an aesthetic exercise of perfect confluence between Italian taste and Castilian tradition. The latter is reflected in the grating and forging typical of this land (as can be seen in its large windows and balconies). It has a square floor plan with an interior patio, but if there is something that stands out above anything else, that is its façade, made out of brick with a pitted decoration on the second and third floors and with a stone padding on the cover. The palace, which has been a cultural and exhibition center for the past few years, is temporarily closed."
Information of interest
Calle Mayor Principal, 19, 34001 Palencia
Visit to the interior of the Palace when there are temporary exhibitions must be made at the following times: